[torqueusers] inter-torque/pbs-server protocol compatibility

Dave Jackson jacksond at clusterresources.com
Mon Jan 16 12:03:32 MST 2006

David,

  Most TORQUE communication protocols are versioned but the version
numbers have not been changed to date.  This is because the changes so
far which introduced the incompatibilities where not in the protocol
itself but in message ordering during the hand-shaking which utilized
the protocol.

  However, going forward, we will definitely utilize the versioning
facility and discrepancies will be detected and logged.

Dave