[torqueusers] Small problems using Torque + MAUI (start delay, error message, redirecting standard output)

Dave Jackson jacksond at clusterresources.com
Mon Jan 16 10:05:57 MST 2006

Francesco,

  Moab/Maui use both polling and event driven interfaces to manage job
scheduling.  First off, if your cluster is smaller than 200 nodes, you
should have no problem reducing your poll interval to 10 seconds or
lower.

  Secondly, Moab/Maui can load info using TORQUE's event interface.  In
qmgr, make certain that the line 'set server scheduling' is set to true.
This enables TORQUE to send events to the scheduler.  When the scheduler
detects this info, it immediately reloads workload info and attempts to
schedule.

  Please let us know if this addresses your issues.

Dave