[torqueusers] Small problems using Torque + MAUI (start delay, error message, redirecting standard output)

Francesco Del Citto del.citto at ing.uniroma2.it
Mon Jan 16 07:51:52 MST 2006

Dear Torque users,
I'm happly using Torque (2.0.0p0) and MAUI (3.2.6p13) on a linux cluster
(Fedora Core 3 - kernel 2.6.11), but I have some question:

1)
A problem I've encountered is a uncomfortable delay from when a job is
submited to whe it starts.
The delay varies more or less between 1 to 30 seconds, and I guess it's
related to the line
RMPOLLINTERVAL        00:00:30
in maui.cfg, but it was the suggested value for maui, so I haven't
changed it.
How can I reduce this delay?

2)
Another problem I get is a message when exiting from an interactive job:
<<
[francesco at node3 ~]$ exit
logout
'unknown': I need something more specific.

What does it mean?

3)
The last problem I've encountered is while redirecting the standard
output of a program to a file.
A command line like
"mpiexec program_to_execute > filelog.out 2>&1"
doesn't always works. With some executable it redirects all the output
to the file named filelog.out, while with other ones it redirects only
the output of mpiexec, if it has any.
This happens both in interactive mode and in batch mode.
If it could be useful, I get the problem with a self made application
written in Fortran95 and compiled with the Intel Fortran Compiler 9.
Any suggestions?

Thank you very much for your patience!
Francesco