pbstop (wasRE: [torqueusers] Compiling xpbsmon)

Bisbal, Prentice PBisbal at LexPharma.com
Fri Jan 13 07:33:35 MST 2006

Is pbstop a separate package from torque? I just tried running it and,
lo and behold, I don't have it.

Prentice

-----Original Message-----
From: torqueusers-bounces at supercluster.org
[mailto:torqueusers-bounces at supercluster.org] On Behalf Of Garrick
Staples
Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2006 6:53 PM
To: torqueusers at supercluster.org
Subject: Re: [torqueusers] Compiling xpbsmon

On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 03:03:22PM -0800, Bernard Li alleged:
> > But xpbsmon sucks anyways.  It is definitely not maintained anymore.
> > There are also reports of it breaking on newer TCL versions.
>
> xpbsmon is not great, but some times it is nice to have "some form" of
> GUI.  So I would encourage the developers to try to fix this.  Has
> anybody actually looked into it?  Perhaps it is a simple fix?

I'm not going to, but patches are always accepted!

> > Use pbstop instead :)
>
> This is CLI, correct?

Full-screen color curses.  It has far more features than it deserves
having.   Here's an old screenshot:
http://www-rcf.usc.edu/~garrick/perl-PBS/pbstop.png

University of Southern California