[torqueusers] Compiling xpbsmon

Bisbal, Prentice PBisbal at LexPharma.com
Thu Jan 12 12:19:27 MST 2006

I forgot to point out in my previous e-mail that compiled everything at
once (server, client, and GUIs).

Prentice

-----Original Message-----
From: torqueusers-bounces at supercluster.org
[mailto:torqueusers-bounces at supercluster.org] On Behalf Of Diego Vadell
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2006 1:05 PM
To: torqueusers at supercluster.org
Subject: [torqueusers] Compiling xpbsmon

Hi all,
   I was asked to install xpbsmon. We use Rocks and xpbsmon does not
come
with it, so I downloaded torque's sources. My idea was to compile all
torque and then only install xpbsmon, but however I run ./configure,
xpbsmon does not get compiled or installed. I tried with

./configure --prefix=/tmp/pbs-temp \
--set-server-home=/tmp/pbs-temp/spool/PBS \
            --with-tclx

But when I run make and make install, xpbsmon does not get installed in
/tmp/pbs-temp . I tried also adding --enable-clients and --with-gui,
although I read that they were defaults. No sign of in configure's
output
that could tell me that tcl or tclx has been disabled.
I went to src/tools and ran make and make install there, and it worked
(with some minor glitches). xpbsmon *is* running now, but it let me with
bad taste in my mouth... is there an easier way of compiling torque
including xpbsmon? Is it that xpbsmon is no longer an active part of
torque (i.e. nobody is using it and nobody complains when it breaks)?
Are
there any instructions?

I was using torque-1.2.0p6 in an x86_64 machine.

Thanks in advance,
 -- Diego.