configure defaults are changed in CVS Was: Re: [torquedev]Re:[torqueusers] Canonical list of best practice build flags ?

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Thu Jan 12 11:28:51 MST 2006

On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 12:06:33PM -0500, Bisbal, Prentice alleged:
> I haven't looked at the .spec file, but that should definitely be
> modified to be as FSH-compliant as possible. Whether it gets installed
> in /usr, /opt or /usr/local by default is up to you, but it definitely
> should be relocatable to suit local needs. You wouldn't believe how few
> RPMS are actually relocatable. It drives me crazy.

The torque.spec in the tarball uses /var/lib/torque instead of
/usr/spool/PBS and uses /usr/lib/torque/{lib,include}/.  It also has
"--with" flags to adjust almost everything.

You should look at it.  I put a lot of time into making it as good and
flexible as possible.  If you have any feedback after looking at it, let
me know.

University of Southern California