configure defaults are changed in CVS Was: Re: [torquedev] Re:[torqueusers] Canonical list of best practice build flags ?

Bisbal, Prentice PBisbal at LexPharma.com
Thu Jan 12 08:13:49 MST 2006

While we're on the topic of configuration options and
builing/installing, may I ask a few questions or offer suggestions?

Why is it that the config files go in the spool directory, instead of
$prefix/etc or /etc/torque?

Spool directories are meant for temporary files that are waiting to be
processed, such as mail messages waiting to be delivered, or files
waiting to be printed.

I tried specifying the confdir as /etc/local/torque in the config dir,
but it was ignored.

This would be consistent with the Filesystem Hierarchy Standard (FHS),
which most Linux distributions have been making some effort to comply
with.

Prentice