configure defaults are changed in CVS Was: Re: [torquedev] Re: [torqueusers] Canonical list of best practice build flags ?

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Thu Jan 12 01:24:11 MST 2006

As requested by the community, configure now defaults to enable syslog,
enable docs, and disables filesync.

To summarize the arguments:
  syslog is the only way to see various errors in MOM child processes.
  docs gets you manpages, and everyone needs to read the manpages.
  filesync doesn't actually buy any safety, but slows down everything.

And I'm not emailing both lists anymore.

Let everyone rejoice.

On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 08:55:24AM +0100, Bas van der Vlies alleged: