[torqueusers] Is OpenPBS 2.3.16 server compatible with TORQUE 2.0.0p5 mom ?

David McGiven david.mcgiven at fusemail.com
Wed Jan 11 09:26:11 MST 2006

Dear Torque users,

I have a server (ia32 debian linux) running pbs_server and pbs_sched (From
OpenPBS-2.3.16 package).

I have a client (ia64 SLES9 linux) running pbs_mom (From torque-2.0.0p5).

When doing an pbsnodes -a on the server, the client is listed as
state-unknown,down.

Checking the logs on /usr/spool/PBS/mom_logs I can see that the server is
communicating with the client, but still it appears as state-unknown,down.

Does anybody know what could be the problem ?

Is pbs_server from openbsd compatible with pbs_mom from TORQUE ?

Thanks in advance,
David McGiven.