[torquedev] Re: [torqueusers] Canonical list of best practice build flags ?

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Tue Jan 10 21:47:02 MST 2006

On Wednesday 11 January 2006 12:48, Garrick Staples wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 11:46:24AM +1100, Chris Samuel alleged:
> > On Tuesday 10 January 2006 18:23, Bas van der Vlies wrote:
> > > I always add this option: --enable-docs (for proper manpages)
> >
> > Interestingly that looks like a Torque bug - configure says:
> >
> >   --enable-docs           build PBS with documentation. This is off by
> >                           default since it takes a while to build. Man
> > pages will still be installed, however.
>
> I've always wondered what other docs it was talking about.  The manpages
> are all of the docs included in TORQUE.  I guess once upon a time
> something was done with the ERS.

It looks like the description of that option is actually fixed in the
configure.in file as that says:

AC_ARG_ENABLE(docs,
[
  --enable-docs           build PBS with documentation. This is off by
                          default since it takes a while to build.],
[case "${enableval}" in
  yes) PART_DOCS=doc ;;
  no)  PART_DOCS="" ;;
  *) AC_MSG_ERROR(--enable-docs cannot take a value.) ;;
esac])dnl

so my guess is that the configure script hasn't been regenerated from that
since that change was made.

cheers,
Chris