[torqueusers] Interpreting Exit_status in server accounting files

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Tue Jan 10 16:41:06 MST 2006

On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 10:06:32AM +1100, Jeroen van den Muyzenberg alleged:
> Erm... I'll take that back. Have had a brief look and it seems that
> exit_status could be assigned to one of the JOB_EXIT_* definitions in
> job.h.
>
> However I can't see the correlation with those definitions and the final
> reported value.

Negative exit values are "special."  They are generated by MOM to
indicate an error outside of the job.  The specific meaning of each is
the JOB_EXEC_* defines in job.h.

Positive exit values are from the user's job.  It is just whatever the
job returned and can't be reliably interpreted without looking at the
job.