[torqueusers] configuring default e-mail address format

Bisbal, Prentice PBisbal at LexPharma.com
Tue Jan 10 13:24:11 MST 2006

Is recompiling the only way specify that? I would that something like
that should be able to be configured in a config file somewhere. Maybe
in a future version?

Prentice Bisbal
Unix Administrator
Lexicon Pharmaceuticals
350 Carter Rd
Princeton, NJ 08540
609-466-5578
pbisbal at lexpharma.com

-----Original Message-----
From: torqueusers-bounces at supercluster.org
[mailto:torqueusers-bounces at supercluster.org] On Behalf Of Garrick
Staples
Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2006 2:05 PM
To: torqueusers at supercluster.org
Subject: Re: [torqueusers] configuring default e-mail address format

On Mon, Jan 09, 2006 at 01:40:47PM -0500, Bisbal, Prentice alleged:
> By default, torque send e-mail to user at host.domain.tld. Unfortunately,
> my mailserver (which is not under my administrative control), doesn't
> recognize this, and prefers that the e-mail be in the form
> user at domain.tld. This can be done by specifying it on the command line
> with the -M switch:
>
> qsub -M user at domain.tld  -m abe pbsjob
>
> But I don't expect my users to always remember to do that. Is there
> anyway to force toque to always send mail to user at domain.tld?

It's a build-time option:

$ ./configure --help | tail

  --maildomain=MAILDOMAIN override the default domain for outgoing mail
messages,
                          i.e. "user at maildomain".  the default
maildomain is the
                          hostname where the job was submitted from

University of Southern California