[torqueusers] "qsub -m n" still sending mail

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Tue Jan 10 11:37:24 MST 2006

On Tue, Jan 10, 2006 at 09:55:08AM -0700, Austin Godber alleged:
> I am using torque-2.0.0p0 with maui-3.2.6p13 and the qsub -m option
> seems to be ignored.  Most of my users want to stop all mail from being
> sent.  Should this feature be working?  Any tips on tracking down the
> problem?

pbs_server has a few places where it forces (bypasses the -m option) an
email to be sent when a significant error occurs.  'grep -r MAIL_FORCE
.' in the source tarball and you can see where that happens.  There's
always an error message being logged nearby telling you what is
happening.  It is pretty much just for job launch and data staging
errors.  Stuff that shouldn't generally be happening.

Which email are they complaining about?

University of Southern California