[torquedev] Re: [torqueusers] Canonical list of best practice build flags ?

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Mon Jan 9 15:40:37 MST 2006

On Monday 09 January 2006 16:25, Garrick Staples wrote:

> All I can really add is to use --enable-syslog.  I think syslog is
> crucial.  There are many errors in MOM children that can only be seen
> with syslog.

Yup, added that.

> Take a look at the torque.spec in the recent snapshots.  Most of it is
> redundant and just plain anal, but I would say this is "canonical" for
> Linux builds:

Did that too - in the end I had:

./configure --enable-syslog --set-sched=no --disable-rpp --with-scp '--set-cflags=-m64 -g -Wall -fPIC'

so the only real change there was disabling RPP from the recommendations
on the SC website and stopping it building the scheduler as we use Moab.

I did try the option to plock some daemons into memory, but that won't
build on SuSE SLES 9 then - be nice if autoconf could spot things like that
and tell you it's not going to work.. :-)

cheers,
Chris