[torqueusers] Torque Monthly Usage Accounting

Tim Miller btmiller at helix.nih.gov
Wed Jan 4 12:56:26 MST 2006

On Thu, 5 Jan 2006, group hpc wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know how to generate an accurate torque monthly usage report
> based on cpu number, not number of nodes for cluster and SMP machine? The
> report will include userid, group, wall-clock (hours), cpu time (hours)
> and cpu number. Pls let me know, thanks.

Hi,

There's probably a simpler way to do this, but what I did was just write a
little Perl script that runs out of cron and parses each day's log. It
stores all the jobs in a MySQL database and getting aggregate statistics
in only a matter of the correct SQL queries. We used to use the pbsjobs
and pbsacct scripts (which AFAIK are available on the Web) until I decided
I wanted something a little more flexible.

Cheers,
Tim M.

--
Tim Miller
System Administrator -- Laboratory of Computational Biology