[torqueusers] pbs and MatStudio Modeling interactions

Steven A. DuChene linux-clusters at mindspring.com
Tue Jan 3 15:59:15 MST 2006

I just spoke with Mr. Jian-Jie Liang from Accelerys and he indicated
that Accelrys is in a short period of time doing a major upgrade release
of 4.0 and said "many" of the issues highlighted by Chris will be fixed
in that release. He did expressly indicate there still are known issues
with running with Maui that prevent using Maui as a scheduler above PBS
(due to faults in Maui according to him). I indicated we are using Moab
here but he still expressed doubts that it would work. He said it had never
been tested or "certified" He also said they have stopped testing with
OpenPBS and have transitioned to PBSPro.
--
Steven A. DuChene