[torqueusers] is there an epilogue.parallel script?

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Fri Feb 24 13:29:55 MST 2006

On Tue, Feb 21, 2006 at 03:44:17PM +0100, Bas van der Vlies alleged:
> Lloyd Brown wrote:
> >When looking at the documentation for Torque on prologue and epilogue
> >scripts
> >(http://www.clusterresources.com/wiki/doku.php?id=torque:appendix:g_prologue_and_epilogue_scripts),
> >it has a table showing execution location, user privileges, execution
> >root, etc, for the prologue, epilogue, prologue.user, epilogue.user,
> >prologue.parallel, and epilogue.precancel scripts.  Later, when
> >describing the execution environment (list of args, essentially) for
> >epilogue scripts, it says it refers to "the epilogue, epilogue.user,
> >epilogue.precancel, and epilogue.parallel scripts".  Does this mean that
> >there really *is* an epilogue.parallel script?  If so, can I safely
> >assume that it has the same execution location, privileges, etc., as the
> >prologue.parallel?
> >

> I just wanted to use the epilogue.parallel script, but is does not work
> as with prolog.parallel. I have made a simple patch for 2.0.0p7. I do
> not know if it is on the right place, but it works ;-)

I don't think this is the correct place for epilogue.parallel.  It
should be run after all tasks have exited.  Maybe after the
'(pjob->ji_qs.ji_substate != JOB_SUBSTATE_EXITING)' check in
scan_for_exiting()?

University of Southern California