[torqueusers] Can't run two jobs with the same queue name

Seb Seb sebast2600 at yahoo.fr
Thu Feb 23 17:42:39 MST 2006

Hi there,

  Using Maui instead of the default scheduler solved my problem. I can now get two jobs running on the same queue name. :)

  Regards,
  Seb

Seb Seb <sebast2600 at yahoo.fr> a écrit :
    Hi there,

  I can't run two jobs with the same queue name (the 1st job is running, but the 2nd job is just waiting). However, if I send the 2nd job to a queue with a different name, but with the same queue specifications, the job is running. Is it a bug? I'm using Torque 2.0.0p0

  This is how the queue is defined:

  # Create and define queue tiny1
#
create queue tiny1
set queue tiny1 queue_type = Execution
set queue tiny1 resources_max.cput = 10000:00:00
set queue tiny1 resources_max.mem = 512mb
set queue tiny1 resources_max.ncpus = 1
set queue tiny1 resources_max.walltime = 10000:00:00
set queue tiny1 resources_default.cput = 10000:00:00
set queue tiny1 enabled = True
set queue tiny1 started = True

  However, everything is fine if I remove the two following lines:
  set queue tiny1 resources_max.me m = 512mb
set queue tiny1 resources_max.ncpus = 1

  Why a such behavior? The computer is an Altix SGI with 8 cpus and 24 GB of shared memory, so it should be fine.

  Thank you in advance,
  Seb

  Nouveau : téléphonez moins cher avec Yahoo! Messenger ! Découvez les tarifs exceptionnels pour appeler la France et l'international. Téléchargez la version beta._______________________________________________
torqueusers mailing list
torqueusers at supercluster.org