[torqueusers] compiling pbs_python modules against torque on x86_64

Steven A. DuChene linux-clusters at mindspring.com
Thu Feb 23 13:17:09 MST 2006

The README file for the pbs_python module code includes the following info:

  - For X86_64 systems you have to compile torque/openpbs with
    the -fPIC option. Else you can not build the python module

Since I am indeed looking to use this on a x86_64 system does this
mean the various torque libraries in src/lib have to be built as shared
libraries? I don't see any options in the configure script to tell it to build
shared libraries. Has anyone else worked with the pbs_python module
on a x86_64 system? Any hints would be most appreciated.

I am trying to build this so I can try to get the ganglia_pbs utilities
functioning on our clusters here.
--
Steven A. DuChene