[torqueusers] Submit Filter

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Sun Feb 19 23:28:32 MST 2006

On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 09:28:42AM -0600, Suman Nadella alleged:
> Hello,
>
> I am working with Torque Version 2.0 and my goal is to write a Submit
> Filter, that asks for a secret token -
> which is known to torque, and only if the job request had that token,
> would it be processed.
> I could not find any documentation online as to how to write submit
> filter - except for a very simple
> example. It would be great if any of you can guide me in the right
> direction.

The submit filter should just be a simple filter; it reads the script on
stdin and writes the new script to stdout.  That said, I don't think the
current submit filter implementation works correctly.  Last I checked,
it could be executed multiple times depending on the resource arguments.

University of Southern California