[torqueusers] Maui Preemption

pat.o'bryant at exxonmobil.com pat.o'bryant at exxonmobil.com
Fri Feb 17 07:40:02 MST 2006

Douglas,
     This change definitely made a difference. The lower priority running
job was interrupted by the submission of the higher priority job. However,
the low priority job was placed back in a "Q" state. I was expecting both
would show "R" with the low priority being suspended. Maybe the suspension
can't occur because both jobs are "parallel"( I am using LAM). In any
event, I am making progress.
      Thanks for the advice,
       Pat

J.W. (Pat) O'Bryant,Jr.
UTeC Systems, SWS
Office: 713-431-7022
Pager: 713-606-8338

             Wightman
             <wightman at clus
             terresources.c                                             To
             om>                      pat.o'bryant at exxonmobil.com
                                                                        cc
                                      torqueusers at supercluster.org
             02/16/06 03:09                                        Subject
             PM                       Re: [torqueusers] Maui Preemption

Try adding the following to your maui.cfg:

CREDWEIGHT             1
QOSWEIGHT              1

The weights for the priorities need to be set up.  You can verify that
things have been setup correctly by doing a checkjob on the job and
examining its "start priority".  It should be higher for the jobs in the
"normal" QOS.

Hope that helps,

- Douglas