[torqueusers] Maui Preemption

pat.o'bryant at exxonmobil.com pat.o'bryant at exxonmobil.com
Thu Feb 16 13:17:57 MST 2006

    I am attempting to implement "preemption" thru Maui.  My objective is
to allow jobs in queue "last" to be preempted by jobs in queue "dque". I
want the preempted job to be suspended.  The configuration below does not
give me preemption I am looking for.
    For a test scenario, I cut my cluster down to 8 nodes total. I then
submitted my first job to queue "last". It  went into execution. I then
submitted my second job to queue "dque" expecting that it would preempt the
first job. The second job remained queued waiting for free nodes. Am I
missing something to get preemption to work? I am running Maui 3.2.6p13 and
Torque 1.2.0p2.
     Thanks,
      Pat O'Bryant

CLASSCFG[dque]           QDEF=normal
CLASSCFG[last]              QDEF=slow
PREEMPTIONPOLICY SUSPEND
QOSCFG[normal]  QFLAGS=PREEMPTOR PRIORITY=1000
QOSCFG[slow]       QFLAGS=PREEMPTEE PRIORITY=100

J.W. (Pat) O'Bryant,Jr.
UTeC Systems, SWS
Office: 713-431-7022
Pager: 713-606-8338