[torqueusers] Displaying X apps from a job

John Hanks griznog at engineering.usu.edu
Wed Feb 15 13:47:55 MST 2006

Hello,

I'm trying to set up our cluster so that users can submit jobs with X
apps and have them display back at the users workstation. Everything
I've googled up says that

qsub -V job.sh

should work if job.sh starts up an X app. This is not working for me and
I don't understand the mechanics of how jobs run well enough to know
where to go to troubleshoot. I can ssh to any node and display an X app
without any problems, it's just when I go through torque that I get:

Error: can't open display.

when starting X applications. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks,

jbh