[torqueusers] Unable to stage out directories

Michael Barnes mbarnes at compsci.wm.edu
Mon Feb 13 13:46:41 MST 2006

On Mon, Dec 05, 2005 at 01:20:45PM -0800, Garrick Staples wrote:
> Funny you should ask.  Last week I started on a set of enhancements
> to data staging, including staging of directories.  I haven't rolled
> all of my patches yet, but the p3 snapshots will allow stageout of
> directories.

I have completely hacked my staging in and out of files because of the
horrible syntax and whatever issues the default stagein parameters use.
I do this via environment variables and the prologue and epilogue.

My method of staging in/out offers and exclude list for bringing back
files (with wildcards).  For some reason, I cannot find out where the
bug in PBS (old patched to the tilt OpenPBS) is that gets triggered when
a user stages in large amounts of data _only_ to a single node.
Multiple nodes are not affected for some reason.  It appears to be a
timeout or some other issue, but I've never been able to find out where
the bug is.

Does anybody else have issues with staging in/out of files?

Mike

--
| Michael Barnes <mbarnes at compsci.wm.edu> |