[torqueusers] too many DNS requests

Lippert, Kenneth B. Kenneth.Lippert at alcoa.com
Mon Feb 13 12:53:51 MST 2006

As a first step, I would make sure the server has it's own name in it's
/etc/hosts file.  I would make sure each client also has the server in
it's /etc/hosts.  My cluster is pretty small, so I go ahead and have all
clients and the server listed in all /etc/hosts - that way I never have
to bother the DNS for intra-cluster communications.

Also check that /etc/nsswitch.conf has "files" listed before "dns" under
"hosts" and "networks", so the local /etc/host is read before going to
the DNS.

-k