[torqueusers] Submitting jobs to multi-cpu nodes

Ronny T. Lampert telecaadmin at uni.de
Fri Feb 10 09:12:30 MST 2006

Hi,

> or 2 jobs that require 8 nodes and they will all run in parallel. When I
> submit a 16-node job, however, I get the error message:
>
> qsub: Job exceeds queue resource limits

This is what you may need - I do not use it for myself, but you may give it
a try
(thread was: "Re: [torqueusers] Online docs missing queue resource "nodes" "):
-----

You can override this as I bugged David et. al about this for ages and they
gave in to make me go away. :-)

So for our 144 CPU Power5 cluster (36 x 4 CPU boxes) I have:

  set server resources_available.nodect = 144

-----

Cheers,
Ronny