[torqueusers] is there an epilogue.parallel script?

Cliff Kirby ckirby3 at colsa.com
Thu Feb 9 13:01:37 MST 2006

I tried to implement the epilogue.parallel several months back and based on
the following post it was not yet implemented.  Although it makes mention of
it the documentation.  I am not sure if they have implemented it yet in the
newer releases.

On Mon, Oct 03, 2005 at 08:15:09AM -0700, Troy P Chuang alleged:
> Hi all,
> Does epilogue.parallel really exist?
> It is mentioned in both
> However, the script /usr/spool/PBS/mom_priv/epilogue.parallel that I
> created never get executed.
> Or is there any epilogue-script mechanism that will be performed on all
> sister nodes AFTER a parallel job finished (not necessary an mpi job)?
> Specifically, I would like to reverse the changes I made by
> prologue.parallel (ex. reverse the changes made to /etc/authuser or
> /etc/security/access.conf.

Grepping through the source real quick, it appears that
epilogue.parallel (known internally as path_epilogp) is not actually

When looking at the documentation for Torque on prologue and epilogue
it has a table showing execution location, user privileges, execution
root, etc, for the prologue, epilogue, prologue.user, epilogue.user,
prologue.parallel, and epilogue.precancel scripts.  Later, when
describing the execution environment (list of args, essentially) for
epilogue scripts, it says it refers to "the epilogue, epilogue.user,
epilogue.precancel, and epilogue.parallel scripts".  Does this mean that
there really *is* an epilogue.parallel script?  If so, can I safely
assume that it has the same execution location, privileges, etc., as the

Lloyd Brown
torqueusers mailing list
torqueusers at supercluster.org