[torqueusers] installing Torque on a 64 bit AMD opteron server with 32 bit nodes

Justin Bronder jsbronder at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 11:01:13 MST 2006

Using gcc -m32 will compile 32-bit binaries, however you'll also need
32-bit libraries and a 32 bit linker to actually complete the process.  If
you really want to run the server in 64 bit mode, your best bet will be
to make a 32-bit environment that you can chroot into for the purpose
of compiling for the nodes/building the node images.  Depending upon
the distro you're using, they may also have a multilib environment
available such as Gentoo.

Anyways, you can check out Gentoo's docs for creating the chroot
environment, I run this on my home computer and it works fine.

http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gentoo-amd64-faq.xml

Hope this helps,
Justin Bronder
UMaine ACRL