[torqueusers] new build system ready!

Martin Schafföner martin.schaffoener at e-technik.uni-magdeburg.de
Mon Feb 6 03:12:54 MST 2006

On Friday 03 February 2006 19:23, Troy Baer wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-02-03 at 11:35 -0500, Bisbal, Prentice wrote:
> > Do the config files go in /etc/ now, or are they still in the spool
> > directory?
>
> I'd really like to make sure that is configurable, preferably with the
> historical behavior (config files in spool dir) as the default.  I'm
> having a hard time wrapping my brain around how you would draw the line
> between "config file" and "spool file", particularly for the DB files
> used by the pbs_server daemon.  The number of files that qualify as
> "config files" in my book is pretty small:

How about a rule that a config file is an (optional) file in plain text format
the administrator is supposed or allowed to edit directly, rather than
through tools like qmgr?

And shouldn't the DB files possibly be located somewhere below /var/lib, just
as the server.lock file should be located somewhere below /var/lock?

Regards,
--
Martin Schafföner

Cognitive Systems Group, Institute of Electronics, Signal Processing and
Communication Technologies, Department of Electrical Engineering,
Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg
Phone: +49 391 6720063