[torqueusers] suggestions on cluster accounting/reporting packages?

Troy Baer troy at osc.edu
Thu Feb 2 13:03:29 MST 2006

On Thu, 2006-02-02 at 14:46 -0500, Steven A. DuChene wrote:
> I am curious about what folks here use to get regular accounting/reporting
> from moab/maui/torque. I know there is the cluster management java
> based utility from CRI but I would like to know what else is out there. For
> instance is there anything that enters data into mysql or similar to allow
> queries from some web/php or what not app?
>
> Any suggestions about what I should take a look at would be most welcome.

This is one of those things where everybody seems to implement their
own, because every site's needs seem to be slightly different in that
regard.  MyPBS [1] is an alternative if you're looking for a simple
allocation manager.  My own pbstools package [2] also includes a
MySQL/PHP system for job reporting, which is more oriented toward
statistics and user support issues than charging.

[1] http://my-pbs.sourceforge.net/
[2] http://www.osc.edu/~troy/pbs/

	--Troy
Troy Baer                       troy at osc.edu
Science & Technology Support    http://www.osc.edu/hpc/
Ohio Supercomputer Center       614-292-9701