[torqueusers] No use time for parallel jobs

Adrien Leygue adrien.leygue at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 06:11:54 MST 2006

Dear Torque users,

I am using Torque-2.0.0p5 on a small cluster, with the default C
scheduler. For scheduling, I use the fair-share option.

For parallel jobs it seems that torque does not measure time.
For example, here is a sample output of qstat:

Job id              Name             User             Time Use S Queue
------------------- ---------------- ---------------- -------- - -----
243.glass           min_test         user1           89:15:41 R main
258.glass           ...cript_S_New_R user2            00:00:00 R para
300.glass           SB_0.1_Var       user3            18:36:30 R long
302.glass           SB_0.01_Var_test user3            18:34:55 R main
303.glass           ...cript_S_New_R user2           00:00:00 R para

All jobs that are requiring more than one processor have a "time use"
of 0, even though some of them have been running for days!

A consequence of this (I think) is that the scheduler does not account
for these parallel jobs when updating the usage of the users (this is
needed for the fair-share scheduling).
If I look at the usage file in sched_priv, the users that are running
parallel jobs only are not reported (zero usage)

Maybe I am missing something in the way I configured torque,... so I'd
appreciate any help on this.

Thanks in advance.

Adrien.

--