[torqueusers] perl PBS

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Thu Dec 21 17:08:24 MST 2006

On Friday 22 December 2006 09:07, Garrick Staples wrote:

> In my environment, pbs_server doesn't run on the machines with globus so
> log scrapping wasn't viable (not that I thought it was a good idea to
> begin with.)

The folks here at VPAC working on the APAC Grid created a script called
pbs-telltail where the client daemon sends pbs_server log messages from
multiple clusters to our GT4 Xen VM which then collates them into a single
log file for Globus to peruse.

To my continued amazement it seems to work rather well (and could potentially
be useful for non-grid folks as well).

cheers,
Chris