[torqueusers] general questions about installation and submitting job

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Thu Dec 21 15:01:27 MST 2006

On Monday 11 December 2006 23:04, Ronny T. Lampert wrote:

> You specified 2 _NODES_, not _CPUs_ in your job requirement.
> As you only have 1 node torque is right to reject that job.

This is the old chestnut that there is no simple way to request an allocation
of N cpus anywhere in the cluster through Torque.  I'd suggested a possible
option of:

 -l cpus=N

but that would require changes in pbs_sched, Maui and Moab to support it.

The kludge around this is to set, through qmgr:

 set server resources_available.nodect = N

where N is the total number of CPUs in the cluster.