[torqueusers] perl PBS

Sam Rash srash at yahoo-inc.com
Wed Dec 13 16:11:11 MST 2006

Good, it's a pain trying to wrap up binaries and just plain not elegant.
I'm going to give it a try.

In particular, does the torque API (ie the underlying C one) support batch
inserts?  Ie submitting 100's or 1000's of jobs with minimal overhead
(certainly not calling qsub over and over).  From reading it looks like it.
This is also true for waiting for a large number of jobs--need an efficient
polling method assuming potentially man (100+ say) clients, or better a way
to register a callback for a wait ("run this binary on the server/client
side of the node completes the job)

Sam Rash
srash at yahoo-inc.com
408-349-7312