[torqueusers] Remote submit hosts?

Kjeldgaard Morten mok at bioxray.dk
Tue Dec 12 17:11:28 MST 2006

Thanks to Justin and Erik for your answers to my questions! I've now
got remote submission working!

> Have you got it to work *without* specifying the hostname in /etc/
> hosts.equiv - and only use the submit_hosts parameter (as the
> documentation above states should be possible)?

I think the general consensus is that the rsh utilities and /etc/
hosts.equiv are security holes that should be avoided at all cost.

We use passwordless login with ssh, it works perfectly, and is not a
security risk, because it is based on public key encryption.

Cheers,
Morten