[torqueusers] Remote submit hosts?

Justin Bronder jsbronder at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 07:12:01 MST 2006

On 12/12/06, Morten Kjeldgaard <mok at bioxray.dk> wrote:

> Justin Bronder wrote:
> > This is quite easy to achieve; we have a number of submission hosts
> > on side.  The documentation you are looking for is located here:
> >
> http://www.clusterresources.com/wiki/doku.php?id=torque:1.3_advanced_configuration#hosts
> Great, thanks! The link explains how to set it up on the pbs server.
> > > qmgr -c 'set server submit_hosts = login1'
> (... I assume "login1" is the name of a submit host, right?)

Correct.  Although, taking into account Eirik's earlier email, this may not
work.  On site we
use hosts.equiv.

But don't I have to set up a dummy queue or something on the submit hosts?

No, provided you setup <pbs spool dir>/server_name to point to your server,
everything contact
that address for queue information.

-Justin