[torqueusers] Directory server integration

David Golden dgolden at cp.dias.ie
Mon Dec 11 04:35:39 MST 2006

On Saturday 09 December 2006 14:53, Prakash Velayutham wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> Thanks for the idea. So basically make all the cluster users belong to a
> different group (could be a secondary group) and enable group acl in
> qmgr. Thanks again.

Yeah. Thinking about it, I think the heavyish load was/is probably associated
with use of acl_groups_sloppy, though. Recent torque IIRC improves that, but
might still want to watch out for it. Like I said, wasn't enough to cause
real grief in our case, but it's going to be dependent on your setup -
turning on nscd on clients might be a good (or at least load-reducing) idea,
assuming nscd is not broken in your distro (which it sometimes is...).