[torqueusers] Re: Newbie torque script questions

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Sun Dec 10 16:54:01 MST 2006

On Saturday 09 December 2006 05:21, dave first wrote:

> Thanks for ALL your input.  I see I have a lot to learn about the hows and
> whys of Torque, and job submissions.  I will look at using mpiexec - thanks
> for the link.  I have been using mpirun because that is what I was
> introduced to first.

No worries, that's exactly where I was about 3 1/2 years ago.

I've got to say that mpiexec is one of the most useful programs in making life
easier for people on the cluster.  The fact that you can change the number of
CPUs in your job request and not need to worry about remembering to alter the
mpirun line is fantastic.