[torqueusers] torque on POWER5

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Thu Dec 7 16:44:29 MST 2006

On Wednesday 06 December 2006 18:34, Walter de Jong wrote:

> Is anyone running torque (maybe with maui or moab) on large IBM POWER5
> machines? (preferably on linux, not AIX) I'm interested in knowing your
> practices and experiences.

Depends on your definition of "large".

On our IBM OpenPOWER 720 cluster (46 nodes, 184 CPUs, SuSE SLES 9) we use
Torque very happily with Moab.  We had some issues early on as it hadn't
really been ported, but those were sorted out long ago now.

They're both running in 32-bit mode as Linux distros on PPC64 have a 64-bit
kernel but a 32-bit userspace (with 64-bit libraries) and the compilers
produce 32-bit code by default.

How's that ?

cheers,
Chris