[torqueusers] login-scripts within mom

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Thu Dec 7 16:31:52 MST 2006

On Thursday 07 December 2006 21:58, Dr. Bert Wiegers wrote:

> can I configure torque in a way that mom excecutes standard user
> login-scripts on each computenode before starting the job (non
> interactive)?

Depends on what shell you are using.

If you are using bash or csh (ugh) then you should be OK as long as your
non-interactive initialisations are all in your .bashrc or .cshrc
respectively (which is what your supposed to do).

If you are using Bourne shell (/bin/sh) or Korne shell (/bin/ksh) then you may
be out of luck as your .profile should only get accessed if it is an
interactive shell (which I don't believe this will be).

cheers,
Chris