[torqueusers] login-scripts within mom

Thomas Zeiser thomas.zeiser at rrze.uni-erlangen.de
Thu Dec 7 11:45:23 MST 2006

On Thu, Dec 07, 2006 at 11:08:11AM -0700, Garrick Staples wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 07, 2006 at 11:58:00AM +0100, Dr. Bert Wiegers alleged:
> > hi users/developers,
> >
> > can I configure torque in a way that mom excecutes standard user
> > login-scripts on each computenode before starting the job (non interactive)?
>
> Doesn't it already happen?  The initial process is started as the user's
> login shell.

that's true -- but depending on how the mom is compiled (cf.
http://www.clusterresources.com/pipermail/torqueusers/2006-October/004525.html)
new shells may be forked to actually execute the job script. And
these shells are no longer login shells (at least by default) and
thus do not get definitions of aliases or shell functions as e.g.
used by modulecmd.tcl ...

--
Dipl.-Ing. Thomas ZEISER
Regionales Rechenzentrum Erlangen