[torqueusers] Directory server integration

David B Jackson jacksond at clusterresources.com
Wed Dec 6 21:15:15 MST 2006

Prakash,

  I am not aware of active projects in which TORQUE filters information
provided via LDAP to identify which subset of users could access a
cluster.

  Regarding Moab, Moab provides a 'identity manager' interface which
allows it to sync with databases, services, text files, web services, or
other forms of input to obtain credential info, cluster access info,
policies, usage, etc.  While Moab does speak native LDAP via other
interfaces, direct LDAP integration is not currently enabled with the
identity manager.  While we plan on adding this functionality soon, you
could enable an effective LDAP interface now using the 'exec' identity
manager interface and some very basic scripting.

  The information Moab obtains could then be sync'd with Moab's GOLD
interfaces to deliver the desired behaviors and policies.

Dave