[torqueusers] Directory server integration

Prakash Velayutham Prakash.Velayutham at cchmc.org
Wed Dec 6 20:35:40 MST 2006

Hello All,

I have googled on this a lot of different ways, but can't get anything
useful. Hopefully someone here can help.

I was wondering if there is a way to integrate the different cluster
scheduling tools like Torque, Gold etc. with a directory server like
OpenLDAP. The integration I am looking at is something like:

a) User accounts are created centrally in OpenLDAP (as it should be).
b) With some kind of attribute, Torque understands which of these users
are allowed to submit jobs to the cluster.
c) Gold connects to the same LDAP server (may be some kind of
Gold-relevant schema is required/involved here), and pulls off
information about projects/accounts/users etc. and does its stuff.

May be it does not exist yet, but I just need to know for my own
satisfaction. Is someone working on something like this? Does Moab do
this?

Thanks,
Prakash