[torqueusers] general questions about installation and submitting job

Min Seung Kyu min0220 at postech.ac.kr
Mon Dec 4 22:21:56 MST 2006

Dear Users,

I have several questions.
I want to use my machine as a node machine as well as a master one.
( I have only one computer )
First, I compiled "torque-2.0.0p11.tar" following the manual, and then I
compiled files for a node using "make packages" at the same
machine.

I tested PBS using 'echo "sleep 30" | qsub' command, and I noticed that
submitting was OK. However, It was always 'S' state! ( It wasn't
running...)

Because I want to use two CPUs, I typed 'echo "sleep 30" | qsub -l
nodes=2'. Then following messages occured, "qsub : Job exceeds queue
resource limits".

So my questions are
(1) I want to run my execution command.
(2) I want to run my command using two CPUs.

My configuration files are

pbs_server.conf:
#
#
#
# Create and define queue workq #
create queue workq
set queue workq queue_type = Execution
set queue workq enabled = True
set queue workq started = True
set queue workq max_running = 2
set queue workq resources_max.nodect=2
set queue workq resources_default.nodes = 1
#
# Set server attributes.
#
set server scheduling = True