[torqueusers] Re: Epilogue script

David Golden dgolden at cp.dias.ie
Wed Aug 30 04:58:55 MDT 2006

On Tuesday 29 August 2006 18:38, Ronny T. Lampert wrote:

> Looking at getpgrp(2) and setsid(2) - or am I missing something?

Processes can unilaterally elect to detach from process groups, AFAIK.
(IIRC another approach I looked at might be to use SELinux or similar to
disable the ability to do that)

Most of the stray processes I see are daemon processes that have been written
to detach (as is common for unix daemons so that they can be directly spawned
from the command line on BSD-style unix), and so the mom loses track.