[torqueusers] Re: Epilogue script

David Golden dgolden at cp.dias.ie
Wed Aug 30 04:42:59 MDT 2006

On Tuesday 29 August 2006 18:30, Martin Siegert wrote:

> Therefore, do not assume that mpiexec equals OSC's mpiexec
> implementation.

Of course not, why I qualified it...
We provide an osc-mpiexec [environment] module that our mpich and mpich2 build
modules depend on since their native mpirun/mpiexecs don't speak TM, but it
can be loaded independently.  Our openmpi and lam modules conflict with it
(since they have their own PBS-aware mpiexecs that are preferred for use with
them).

> There are good reasons for sites not to use OSC's
> version, e.g., same mpiexec syntax for interactive MPI programs
> and for jobs submitted through torque.

Well, only allow interactive MPI within interactive torque jobs anyway,
so the syntax is the same :-)