[torqueusers] Re: Epilogue script

Dave Jackson jacksond at clusterresources.com
Mon Aug 28 17:07:11 MDT 2006

Glen,

  I believe there is the possibility of negative side affects but the
likelihood of this is immensely small.  A user would need to
inadvertently set a specific environment variable to a specific value to
have an issue.  This does not happen in the real world and if it does,
this feature is configurable and is off by default.

  I also believe there are exceptional cases in which it would not work.
But these are not the majority.  I think we have a capability which
would easily and immediately benefit many sites.  While this capability
does not cover 100% of cases, it definitely makes things better for
most.  Weighing pros and cons, I think this feature is clearly worth it.

Dave