[torqueusers] How to make "qsub -p" function

Ronny T. Lampert telecaadmin at uni.de
Mon Aug 28 10:32:54 MDT 2006

>>We are using maui-3.2.6p13 with torque 2.0.0p4.  Currently, "qsub -p" is
>>not function properly for the user. For example, a job with lower priority

> Easy. You have to tell the default scheduler pbs_sched (assuming you are
> using this one) to consider this value.

Ok, please shoot me dead. I can't even read.

Maui does a completely seperate calculation of priorities.
You may find an answer here:

http://www.clusterresources.com/pipermail/torqueusers/2005-October/002270.html

I don't know if the USERPRIORITYWEIGHT keyword has been implemented yet in
maui (moab is NOT maui!).

Cheers,
Ronny