[torqueusers] Epilogue script

Eugene van den Hurk e.vandenhurk at bcri.ucc.ie
Tue Aug 22 03:37:01 MDT 2006

Hello,

I am looking at implementing torque on our cluster.
I have been looking at using an epilogue script to clean up after
jobs, particularly if the job is aborted or deleted.
This seems to be particularly needed in the case when running jobs
using mpich and mpirun.
I have looked at using mpiexec instead of mpirun. I installed mpiexec
and it seems to work fine.
Can anyone think of any reason why using mpiexec instead of mpirun is
a bad idea?
If I use mpiexec instead of mpirun would I be right in thinking that
it still a good idea to use epilogue
scripts for other types of jobs.
Each node is dual processor so I do not want to kill processes based
on username, as a user may have more than one job on a node.
So it looks like I would have to use a script that would be able to
kill orphaned processes based on job id.
Would anyone have any suggestions as to how I could do this or sample
scripts that I could try?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Regards,