[torqueusers] How to create maximums for a queue

Jerry Smith jdsmit at sandia.gov
Mon Aug 21 08:41:21 MDT 2006

Bill,

You need to let pbs know how many cpus each node has.

So within your /var/spool/pbs/server_priv/nodes file make sure you have:

<nodename> np=4  # quadCPU boxes

Then set a maximum node ( not cpu ) count per queue

set queue q4cpu resources_max.nodect = 1

( this sets their ability to get 1 node with 4 cpus  max)

And I recommend setting the default.nodes to reflect the number of cpu per
node as well:

set queue q4cpu resources_default.nodes=1:ppn=4